Professional title: Phlebotomist
Certificate: Phlebotomist license from the State of California
Accepting: new graduates, mid and upper level experience
Pay rate range: $16.00 to $21.00
Employment type: Direct hire: Part-time or Full-Time; Temporary-contract-employment; Contract-to-hire
Locations: Direct-hire (one location); Contract-to-hire (one location); Temporary-contract-employment (multiple locations).
Benefits: yes, after probation period.
- Assembles equipment, such as tourniquet, needles, disposable containers for needles, blood collection devices, gauze, cotton, and alcohol on work tray, according to requirements for specified tests or procedures.
- Verifies or records identity of patient or donor and converses with patient or donor to allay fear of procedure.
- Applies tourniquet to arm, locates accessible vein, swabs puncture area with antiseptic, and inserts needle into vein to draw blood into collection tube or bag.
- Withdraws needle, applies treatment to puncture site, and labels and stores blood container for subsequent processing.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or its equivalent.
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
- Successful completion of Phlebotomist training with subsequent certification (if applicable) as a Phlebotomist.
- Graduates and/or minimum of one year relevant experience preferred.
- Current PPD or Chest X-ray.
- Current CPR card